View Our practice areas

Reporting suspected elder abuse

When people in Mississippi believe that elderly loved ones are being abused or neglected, they might not know what they can do. People who suspect abuse or neglect of anyone should report the suspected abuse immediately.

Concerned parties should call 911 or their local police department to report the abuse. For elderly people, they can also call Adult Protective Services in the area where the person lives. People who call in reports should be prepared with their names, the name and address of the abused or neglected person and what events prompted the call.

In most cases, Adult Protective Services will be the agency that responds to the call about elderly abuse or neglect. The police might also go along with investigators from the agency. When a person has been physically abused, it is very important that they receive medical care. A doctor can help to determine the extent of the person's injuries and provide treatment that could help the person recover.

After a person has gotten help for his or her loved one, he or she might want to talk with a personal injury attorney who accepts nursing home abuse cases. A lawyer might be able to help his or her client hold the abuser accountable for his or her actions. Lawyers may work to recover damages in amounts that are sufficient to fairly compensate the victim for his or her losses. A lawyer might be able to provide an estimated range within which the person may expect a damages award or settlement to fall. The attorney may then litigate the matter fully for the benefit of his or her client.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Need Help? Contact Our Firm Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email us for response

Office Location

Jackson Office
129B South President Street
Jackson, MS 39201

Toll Free: 800-558-4208
Phone: 601-208-0343
Fax: 601-949-3358
Jackson Law Office Map

Little Rock Office
400 West Capitol Avenue
Suite 1700
Little Rock, AR 72201

Phone: 501-242-8245
Map & Directions

Los Angeles Office
Century Plaza Towers
2029 Century Park East
Suite 400N
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Phone: 424-281-2044
Map & Directions