Wrongful Death Attorneys in Jackson
Wrongful Death Claims
Family tragedies leave unimaginable emotional devastation in their wake. No one wants to imagine that a loved one's life ended due to another person's negligence. If you are grieving the wrongful death of someone close to you in southern Mississippi, you and your family may be entitled to financial compensation for the many kinds of loss that a wrongful death implies.
Williams Newman Williams brings a full-service team to work for you. Our lawyers use our talents as a team and our knowledge of how insurers for negligent parties work to your benefit. We combine proven skills and a reputation for results with exceptional service and one-on-one attention to your serious issues.
Don't suffer your devastating loss in silence. You can fight back, and our law firm can fight right alongside you. At Williams Newman Williams, we are the law firm that fights for what is right on behalf of our clients.
Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations
In Mississippi, the statute of limitations for a wrongful death claim is divided into two categories:
- If the act that caused the death was intentional, a wrongful death claim must be filed within one-year of the death.
- If the death was caused by the negligence of another person, a wrongful death claim must be filed within three-years of the death.
If the claim is not filed within the allotted time, the court has the right to dismiss the case.
Causes of Wrongful Death
Our lawyers provide quality representation for families whose loved ones have died because of:
- Motor vehicle and 18-wheeler accidents
- Distracted driver accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Nursing home neglect
- Nurse and physician negligence
- Recreation accidents
- Transportation accidents
You may qualify for additional compensation if your loved one experienced pain and anguish prior to death. Our caring lawyers actively pursue fair and just compensation for even brief periods of fear, as well as pain and suffering.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your spouse, parent, child, or close relative died as a result of injuries sustained in an accident, you may be able to recover compensation for certain damages. The types of damages available in a wrongful death lawsuit may differ somewhat from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but the following includes several types of damages for which you may seek for compensation.
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased person
- Compensation for healthcare and death-related expenses, including medical bills and burial and/or funeral costs
- Loss of companionship, love, care, or protection from the deceased person
- Emotional distress and mental anguish survivors suffered
- Loss of anticipated future earnings provided by the deceased person
- Loss of retirement benefits, pension, and other benefits
- Punitive damages intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others in the future
Call (601) 228-6722 for a Free Consultation
We want you to have complete peace of mind about the costs of our quality legal services. Thanks to the contingency fee basis that we extend to every client, you owe no attorney fee unless we collect compensation for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by reaching out to us.
Discuss your legal options with the Jackson wrongful death attorneys of Williams Newman Williams. Contact us online or by calling (601) 228-6722 to schedule your free and confidential initial consultation.
Excellent Trial Skills
Our team of seasoned trial attorneys is not afraid to go to trial to fight for our clients.
Efficient & Results-Driven
We move quickly and efficiently to maximize the recovery that our clients deserve.
A Successful Record
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients in groundbreaking personal injury cases.
Insurance Industry Insight
Our team is comprised of former insurance defense attorneys fighting on behalf of the injured.